Danville provides a wealth of daytime options for people with disabilities, ranging from employment services, field trips, arts and crafts projects, and physical therapy sessions.
We recognize how important it is for our clients to be actively engaged members of their communities. Working in the community, volunteering, having a patch in the local community garden, and going on daily walks are all helpful ways to feel connected to other people while creating a comforting routine and a series of things to look forward to each week.
Sharing the Love Day To Day
We design our Day and Employment Programs for individuals with varying disabilities to promote social and community engagement while also working to develop the following key life skills:
- Community integration and living skills, including the accessing of offered community services
- Finding and participating in social and recreational opportunities
- Self-advocacy skills
- Self-help skills, including knowing how to access help, and from whom
- Personal interaction with others, making one’s needs known and responding to others
- Behavior management to help improve anti-social behaviors
- Searching, applying and interviewing for various types of employment
- Learning to be a responsible and effective employee, including self-care, customer service and dependability